In earlier times, cars were considered to be a symbol of luxury, but in today’s world, cars are perceived as an object of necessity. Yet, even today, bringing home the ‘dream’ car adds an element of pride and satisfaction amongst people as it is usually the second biggest investment a person makes in his life time.
No matter if you have an expensive car or a second hand one, every car needs care for its upkeeping. Nowadays caring for a car has become easy with many facilities available online, in fact you can even order car tyres, not necessary that you need to be present there in person.
If you make it a practice to do some simple checking and care of your car regularly, it will surely reduce your visits and costly repairs. Maintenance of the car is important for its efficiency and safety on the road. Here are few basic car care tips that will go a long way in improving life of your car –
- Check pressure of all tyres at least once every month. If you are staying in a city that experiences high heat, remember that under-inflated tyres are likely to blow out due to the intense heat. Similarly, if the tyres are over-inflated, they may burst out on the road.
- While start-up, do not accelerate the engine immediately as it wears away the engine. Increase the acceleration slowly as you start driving.
- Check your car battery regularly to make sure that there is enough water in it and also for leaking acids. If your battery has a color indicator, keep an eye for a color change as change in color signifies that charging is necessary. Also check if the battery is mounted securely and connection to the battery is also clean.
- When you get oil changed, inspect hoses for breakage, rusting or leaking. If they appear to be damaged, get them changed immediately.
- Check all fluids including power steering, brakes, transmission, engine oil and others in the car at regular intervals.
- Test all lights, exterior as well as interior and if any of light bulb is not functioning, get them replaced immediately.
- Replace blades of windshield wiper every six months and also check them regularly for cracks, breaks or wearing out.
Neglecting vehicle care can pose serious dangers and also end in extensive repairs and heavy repair costs. Follow a regular routine of your car maintenance and enjoy its unperturbed performance.